what's your opinion ? :
Saturday, February 21, 2009 2:28 PM
♥彡Things to take note to prevent e-auction fraud when a consumer participating in an e-auction.
Nowadays, internet auction fraud is a growing epidemic worldwide, as online shopping has grown significantly every year that online shopping has been available. In order to prevent this e-auction fraud, there are some tips on keeping consumer risk at a minimum when purchasing items from an online auction website.
- Become familiar with the auction website. Look into the websites protection policies. Never assume you are protected from auction fraud.
- Before placing a bid, learn as much as you can about the seller. If you can’t find anything out about the seller, than avoid doing business with them. Never fall for promises of better deals by moving away from the original auction website.
- If the seller wants you to use an escrow service you’ve never heard of, look into it. Check out the website. Call up customer support to find out data on the business in question. If you can’t confirm the legitimacy, don’t use it.
- Never ever give out your social security number, drivers license number, credit card number, or bank account information until you have thoroughly checked out the seller and the escrow service.
- Always save 100% of the transaction information. You’ll be glad you did in the event your case makes it to court.
- If after the sale you feel the item/payment should have been delivered already, try to work it out with the seller/buyer. If at that point you feel that fraud is involved, immediately contact your state attorney general’s office.
- Always use a credit card. If the goods are unacceptable, you can challenge payment through the credit card company.
- Search for feedback forum. It allows buyers and sellers to build up their online trading reputations. It provides user with ability to comment on their experiences with other.
Useful links ( http://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/200707/26/P200707260192.htm)