what's your opinion ? :
Friday, February 6, 2009 1:40 PM
♥彡How to safeguard our personal and financial data?
Nowadays, computer and internet are very common to everyone. Internet is a public network of nearly 50,000 networks connecting millions of computers throughout the world. For an example, we will rely on computer to save our personal data and using online financial services to do financial transactions such as online banking in order to safe time. Unfortunately, hackers have the ability to intercept and use that information, such as credit card numbers and expiry dates, to falsely do transactions. Therefore, it is important that users should take action to protect their data from loss, damage and misuse.
There are some suggestions on how to safeguard our personal and financial data:
1. Create passwords and PINs that would be hard for others to guess. Use a strong password or pass-phrase to protect your access data.
2. Install antivirus software and spyware protection software which can helps you to completely clean your computer of invasive threats. As a result, your computer will be clean and its performance will be better.
3. Use your own computer, instead of a work or public machine, to access financial and other sensitive personal information.
4. Do not reveal any personal information or particularly passwords to anyone and other unknown parties. Always remember to log out properly after using any of the Financial Data Center.
5. Use a variety of encryption techniques to keep data secure and private. Encryption is a process of converting readable data into unreadable characters to prevent unauthorized access.
6. Pay attention when using an ATM and keep your eyes peeled for anyone who seems a little too interested in your transactions.
7. Keep credit cards to a minimum. Store your card in a safe place and avoid giving the number to others. Only keep the ones you actually use and destroy any that you no longer use by shredding them.
http://www.ftc.gov/infosecurity/ (A guide for business in protecting personal info)